Jump Straight to the Form
This interface allows access to the messages contained in the
archives of the UNREV-II mailing list. It is a prototype, half broken,
and completely without guarantee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with
questions and requests.
Subject and body searches are on words that are 4 letters or longer.
Turn on boolean mode to avoid MySQL's relevancy calculations.
The interface beyond this page is more interesting and sometimes
quite revealing. To get there
search on something like "colloquium" to get a large number of results.
More complete documentation will be available at a later time, your
helpful suggestions are very much appreciated. Here is a simple outline of
- Choose one of the four search methods--body, subject, from or
descriptors and select the associated submit button.
- When using descriptors, you may select multiple descriptors.
- Select an evaluation score limit for your search. Scores range from 0
to 10 (worst to best). An unscored message has a score of 0. If you select
5 your results will include all messages that have a score of 5 or more.
- You will be presented with a set of messages that match your search
criteria. If you find a message or set of message particularly useful or not
useful, give it or them a score with the provided interface.
- Messages sets are presented with the following information in the following order:
- Score: the average evaluation of this message followed
by the number of evaluations this message has had.
- Read: a link that leads to a page where the message
can be read.
- Subject: the subject of the message. Clicking here will
return the set of documents that have this subject.
- From: the from of the message. Clicking here will
return the set of documents that are from this author.
- Date: the date of the message. Clicking here will
return the set of documents that are in a 24 hour window surrounding this
- When you "read" a message:
- "Prev" and "Next" buttons are provided that
allow you to traverse the set of documents that were created as a result of
- You may assign a descriptor to the message you are viewing. By so doing
you are annotating the message with your interpretation of the content of
the message. Please send suggestions for keywords to the email address
- Descriptor buttons are provided that allow you to find other messages
that are of the same "type". (At this time very few messages are coded,
do some coding to make this worthwhile.)
- Background Information
DBI connect('database=uviz;host=localhost','cdent',...) failed: Access denied for user 'cdent'@'localhost' to database 'uviz' at UDump.pm line 429.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (email@example.com), giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.